Friday 8 January 2016

Imagination

After our PE teacher had let us wait in the gym for an hour without showing up, she decided to do meditation with us.
"Listen to your pulse. Listen to your breath. With every breath you take, all your worries are moving off more and more."
It's hard to be told NOT to do something, not to think of your worries and all those things that bother you in your life, but our teacher told us to think of our worries as a heap in front of you, and with every breath, you're heading into the opposite direction.
"Now, the heap is almost gone and you can only see it as a spot on the horizon. Around you, a landscape is building up."
What landscape was it? Of course, it was a grassland on a hill in the sunrise for me. The wind was blowing softly and the sun spent enough warmth to make me feel comfortable.
"Think of someone who's coming towards you. It's someone you can relax with, someone you feel good with."
I chose a dog. The Sheltie of my dreams, of course. In my dreams, it's my best friend. It's being alone without being alone. It's harmonic. We were playing, I was taking photos, the dog was jumping around and enjoying the sunlight as I did. Then, he lay down next to me so we could enjoy it together. The breeze around us.
"Now, you're friend is bringing you a present. It's a surprise. You open it."
What did I see? It was a daisy. A flower on a field of flowers.
Our teacher said that we were now going back to the heap of worries, holding our present in our hands. It would bring us back whenever we wanted to go.

When I left the gym, the sun was shining and I simply wanted to enjoy it as I did in my imagination. I also talked to a friend from my former class, who's in my PE course now. She now has a dog and we decided that we should meet in May or something, I could bring the camera and we could both bring our guitars, and we would just spend the day on a meadow. How I've missed this.
And I don't understand how someone who has never been able to enjoy this kind of chilling as I do, could play such an important role in my life.
Spring, you innocent spring, I'm waiting for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment