Wednesday 11 May 2016

Exciting Time


Ohh, ohh, summer is coming! Just last weekend, we had a perfect Mother's Day and before that, a wonderful walk along the Niers with the two dogs. They enjoyed the weather and the water, it's finally time to get wet and dirty again!
Oops. That sounded wrong.



Additionally to that, I finally discovered places with wonderful green-golden light, perfect for bokehs like this. Oh, what a May! I definitely need to revisit that place the next time I come to Mönchengladbach. And all those flowers, argh! Did I ever mention how much I love spring and summer? It's the best thing in the world (yes, even better than Christmas).






After that weekend, my week started with a trip to Bad Fredenburg in the Sauerland, 1,5 hours south from Paderborn. This was my last school trip ever and probably even the best. I definitely will never forget it!

The weather was perfect, once we arrived at our hostel, had a rehearsal and lunch (so little time, ugh), we went outside to lie in the sun. We also went to Lidl to buy some food, and I ended up buying a cucumber which I later had for dinner. I love cucumbers. Does that make me a weird person?
Anyway, we spent a lot of time singing and I almost fell asleep during the rehearsals, but it was definitely worth it. The concert will be at the end of June where we will sing "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars (A capella version), "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay and a Swedish sommarpsalm. And it sounds so stupidly beautiful, I'm so excited.
Also, this trip made me realise how much I love our choir. We used to be about 10 members, now we're around 20 and some of them are 3-4 years younger than me. But still, we got along so well and felt like a big happy family. I'm glad that I'll still have the opportunity to spend time with them and they're probably the thing I'll miss most about school.


No comments:

Post a Comment