Sunday 24 July 2016

Fur and feathers



What a great feeling it can be to just commit a bit more time to your pets. Since it seemed almost possible that Nahla wouldn't cause a mess in my room in its current state, I decided to tidy it. Completely.
Which I haven't done for three years.
I have to admit, I didn't find the time or energy to get rid of all those plastic bottles, but they're standing here in their bags, just waiting for me to take them to Lidl. Naturally, before cleaning everything, it seemed that I should fully clean the birds' cage and even rearrange their branches, actually, collect some new branches as well! While Saphira is panicking as always, Lilla kind of seems to love it when I clean the cage. She flies around in my room, which she doesn't do often, and watches me, she even landed on my head several times. I also got them some dandlelion from the garden, but they never seem to eat it. Isn't that weird?
I also found some time to talk to them and make another attempt of taming them - I don't even think about starting with Phira, naturally. While with Lilla, it only took me one day until she would come to my hand even without me feeding her, and when I was feeding her, I could even touch her beak. Such an amazing feeling!

I put so much effort into rearranging the cage and it looks great now!

So yesterday, Nahla arrived and she was so happy to see me! She didn't even cry like last time, but she was a bit too excited, resulting in her peeing on my staircase. Good thing my dad didn't notice, he would have freaked out, haha! So when we went on a walk, she had to learn karma is a bitch, since she was bullied by a pug and his friend. Well, of course they do when they see what a wimp you are! But of course, I saved her. So later in the night she just wouldn't sleep and started to cry, I don't know if she wanted to go home or if she just had to pee, but I thought if she did have to pee, it would be better to go outside, and after another walk maybe she would be tired enough to sleep. It worked, although I couldn't sleep at first. But after I spent two more hours surfing the internet, I went back to bed and fell asleep spooning her. Well, this never happened with Sammy!
We both got up at 6 am to go for a morning walk around the lake - it's a pity I didn't take my camera since there was so much fog. But madam is really tired now and while she's sleeping on my sofa (of course she didn't ask me if she could use it, but that's okay), I used my time designing a new watermark. It's probably not the final one, but I kind of like it and it looks better than the old one, so I'll be using it until I come up with a better idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment